Tanamakoon is not only a beautiful place! It is an exciting place for campers and staff alike! Tanamakoon provides unique opportunities for staff to live, to teach and to grow. Each Staff member plays an integral part in the growth and development of our campers. As a member of the Tanamakoon family you will find that working with us at Tanamakoon will provide challenges, rewards, fun and a lifetime of memories for you!
It is impossible to state all of the aims, ideals and the complete philosophy, which enter into the spirit of Tanamakoon. They are learned from living and working together in its atmosphere. The aims are achieved through the Directors and a group of carefully chosen, intelligent Counselors, skilled in teaching activities and in human relationships with young people working together.
A Staff member at Tanamakoon is an affectionately respected leader. Admired and imitated by the campers, they play a very influential part in the development of many lives during the course of the summer. Each Staff member is here because they have something of worth to give to the campers and to the camp. A camper's greatest desire is to "have fun". As adults, we know that fun comes from the spirit in which we do things, not necessarily from the things we do. "Fun" is a powerful tool of leadership. If we can make the positive, the genuine, the good things of life at camp pleasurable we can achieve amazing success! Tanamakoon Staff members derive their satisfaction and receive their rewards when we see our campers acquiring lasting skills of living with others, physical activities, self-discipline and leadership.
We invite you to become part of a dynamic staff team that is dedicated to working with young people from all over the world!
Staff opportunities exist for:
- Counselors - (July and August)
- Camp Nurse - (July and August)
- Canoe Trip Guides - (July and August)
- Maintenance - (Spring, Summer and Fall)
- Kindercamp 3 day experiences - (late June and late August)
- Residential - Co-ed Outdoor Education school program which operates during the spring and fall.
- Female Summer Staff (Counselors) - Applicants must be 18 prior to the end of the coming year.
- Male Summer Staff (Trippers and Maintenance) - Applicants must be 18 prior to the end of the coming year.
- Outdoor Education Staff - Male and female applicants must be 17 years of age and older. Outdoor Education programs run at the Tanamakoon Outdoor Centre during May and June, September and October. Staff members may apply to work for any combination of weeks with weekends off.
- Kindercamp Staff - Applications for staff positions will be considered on an individual basis pending prior experience in working with young children. Staff may choose to apply for one or both sessions (June and late August).
Please print and return by FAX to 905-338-3039 or by mail to:
132 Reynolds Street