Tanamakoon offers a rich history of canoe tripping in Algonquin Park. Campers and Staff have been exploring the lakes and landscapes of Algonquin for generations. These trips are guided by enthusiastic and competent trippers.
Campers from grade one to grade four participate in overnight canoe trips. These are often a first time experience for many of the campers. Campers in grade five have the opportunity to go out for three days. Campers in grade six to ten have the opportunity to choose from four day trips up to one month!
Campers in this category indicate their interest in the length of canoe trip they would like to be considered for and then these are confirmed at camp. Forms will be sent to campers in this last age group in the spring of each year.
Canoe tripping is an exciting and integral part of a campers experience at Tanamakoon!
TOP REASONS for YOU to PARTICIPATE in a TRIP!
- YOU have the chance to paddle some of the great areas in Algonquin and beyond.
- YOU will gain a new and different perspective about new Ontario wilderness locations
- YOU get to spend two days to 4 weeks with great friends (new and old) in the healthy outdoors!
- YOU get a chance to lose track of time and what day it is
- YOU get to spend time in the wilderness with a GREAT TRIPPER & Counselor!!
- YOU get to learn to make decisions about many things in the out of doors!
- YOU won't have to care what you look like! (no make-up and whatever hairstyle suits the day!)
- YOU can see thousands of stars every night that you wouldn't normally see due to light pollution
- YOU get a chance to paddle, swim, and play in lakes and rivers!
- YOU get to test your ability to entertain yourself and others for hours at a time while paddling (singing, telling jokes or just talking about life)
- YOU get to test your personal limits
- YOU challenge yourself and those around you every day
- YOU experience a trip that many others will never get to experience
- YOU will never know how great it is until you TRY!
If you are interested in the extended tripping program (two to four weeks) then please call us for a brochure and application form. These are different than our regular camp forms.
All other trips will be determined when you get to camp!
Be sure to take a minute to sit back and lose yourself in the magic of the wilderness in our tripping photo gallery.